internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPod mini

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPod mini
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:43:54 -0500

On Jan 6, 2004, at 11:17 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

Alright, time for a quick poll.

www.apple.com if you don't know, and if you do, bear with me. At macworld today, Apple announced an "iPod mini". available in 5 colors of anodized aluminum, the business-card sized device (unknown if its hard drive or flash based, we all suspect hard drive of some sort) has a 4 GB capacity, and will sell for $249. Considering that you can get a 15 GB iPod (they upped the bottom of the line from 10 to 15 as well) for a mere $50 more, do you think its going to sell well?

Personally, I think it shoulda been $200.

I also thought it should have been a $200 player but then when I saw a new Rio 4GB model, announced yesterday, priced at 249 also I started to think maybe Apple had a little inside knowledge. Perhaps this will be like the game consoles and in 6mo or less we'll see the iPod mini drop to $200?

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/