internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPod mini

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPod mini
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:15:04 -0500

On Jan 6, 2004, at 11:17 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

Alright, time for a quick poll.

www.apple.com if you don't know, and if you do, bear with me. At macworld today, Apple announced an "iPod mini". available in 5 colors of anodized aluminum, the business-card sized device (unknown if its hard drive or flash based, we all suspect hard drive of some sort) has a 4 GB capacity, and will sell for $249. Considering that you can get a 15 GB iPod (they upped the bottom of the line from 10 to 15 as well) for a mere $50 more, do you think its going to sell well?

Personally, I think it shoulda been $200.

~Ian

I think they sold their case fairly well in the Keynote. High end flash players are at one price, and the iPod is at another. This sets the bar for high end flash players as far as capacity & ease of use goes.

But then again I have a 2nd generation 20GB iPod and don't need another one. I spent $399 I think on mine so not going to run out and pick up another one.

Would like to see it in person, I mean I thought the iPod I have was small.