internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPod mini

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: Ruth Suehle <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPod mini
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:46:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> I haven't heard a single person say that they would go for the 4 GB. When I
> first heard about it, it was going to be the lower-cost option, ooooh.
> Seriously, Apple, I love you guys, but if you're already dropping $250 on
> the thing, it's not a big leap to pay $50 for another 11 gigs. Hardly a
> low-cost option IMO.

It's pointed directly at the flash based mp3 players. It's $50 more than a
bunch of the 256mb ones. I know a few people who will be getting the mini.
Mostly because of the physical size. Of course if there is an educational
discount it will help. I'll also be going for the new Alpine car stereo
that integrates with the iPod...
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-06-2004/0002084211

--
Scott H. Zekanis