internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] working while sick

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: krives AT nando.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] working while sick
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:03:02 -0500

krives wrote:
I'm working on a story for tomorrow about the tendency we have here in
the U.S. to go to work even though we're sick.

There are a number of reasons for going to work sick:
a) Why the hell would I want to waste my precious paid time off on
being sick?
b) If I'm going to be miserable, I'm going to work where it seems
more natural.
c) There are more people to complain to in the office.
d) The bastards at work probably gave me the crud anyway so why
not return it to them.
e) I actually get a lot done when I am sick since I usually don't
seem as hyper and I concentrate on one thing at a time.
f) If I stay home, I'll VPN to the office anyway so I am still at
work even if I am home.