internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Call your Rep. now to oppose S.877 - "CANSPAM"act

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <machett AT ibiblio.org>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Call your Rep. now to oppose S.877 - "CANSPAM"act
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:28:29 -0500

> I suppose I need clarification of what is meant by "private right of
> action":

Private right of action means right to sue. I couldn't find a
definition, but here it is in context:

"The Birmingham School Board has claimed in court that even if Jackson
is right, he has no case. It argues that Title IX does not create a
"private right of action" for retaliation -- that is, even if the school
retaliated, the statute does not allow Jackson to sue it for damages, or
even prohibit the school from retaliating in this way. "