internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Civil rights victory - was Linda Tripp gets paid

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Civil rights victory - was Linda Tripp gets paid
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:04:46 -0500

Very nice work Tom.

I guess my opinion would be this. The pentagon was still incorrect to
release any information about her. They should simply say no comment.

Did she deserve to win her suit. Maybe, but not to the tune of 600k.
More on the order of a token award of lawyer's fees and court costs.

And since she lied to get a security clearance, she should be prosecuted
for that.

But then again maybe I should question the veracity of this story. I
mean, a "huge network of right-wing lawyers" I can totally buy into.
But a "huge network of right-wing lawyers and press outlets" is a bit of
a stretch... I mean I didn't know there was a right wing press except
for Fox News.
;-)