internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Civil rights victory - was Linda Tripp gets paid

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Civil rights victory - was Linda Tripp gets paid
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:34:13 -0500

Shea Tisdale wrote:
Tom! I'm surprised at you. Bogus privacy claim? Bush Administration?
Just because you are opposed to the Bush administration and to the whole
sexual witch hunt during the Clinton administration is no reason to turn
your back on privacy rights.

I hear you, I read the whole piece.

A) $600,000.00? I hope that becomes a precedent for future privacy violation cases, but I'll be very surprised.

B) This is the Linda Tripp who secretly and illegally taped her phone conversations with Ms. Lewinsky for personal aggrandizement and political purposes. Is she paying Monica $600K?

So, yes she had a claim. And yes, she's getting rewarded handsomely for her role in Monicagate.

TaB