internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: RDU Airport = Really Safe

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Ruth Suehle <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: RDU Airport = Really Safe
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:03:02 -0400

Ruth Suehle wrote:

FWIW, I went on a trip at the beginning of this week and for some reason had
giant scissors in my carry on. Probably from when I moved and used suitcases
to pack stuff in. RDU paid no attention to them. In fact, the security guy
was much more interested in having a discussion about the cartoon on my
shirt. In the Atlanta airport, I got the contents of my bag all over a
table. And then after all that, they had a little security guy conference
and decided I could keep my scissors.

I almost had a 2" long, 1/2" wide hexagonal piece of hematite with a 45 degree angled dull pyramid-style point on one end confiscated at the Minneapolis airport last year. I carry it as a good luck piece in pouch and have had it for years. Never had a problem before. They pulled my pouch off the x-ray, searched, and the security guy pulls it out to examine it. He then starts poking himself with it, slamming it into the palm of his hand. I made a disgusted sound at that point and he threatened to have me arrested if I didn't keep silent. He went back to pounding the point into his palm and eventually decided it wasn't a weapon and let me go on my way. Cripes.

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest: http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
Celebrate The Circle: http://www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/ My LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/labrown/