internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] RDU Airport = Really Safe

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kurt Schlatzer" <kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] RDU Airport = Really Safe
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:10:51 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Beth
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 9:43 AM
To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/";

Hell. I've been doing a bit of flying lately and none of the five airports I
went through detected the very large piece of metal that goes through my
tongue. Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Boston.

Security shmurity.

Beth

While traveling from RDU to PA this year I was culled from the herd to
undergo the "random" search. I was instructed to remove my shoes and sit in
a chair while the security "professional" proceeded to pass the wand over my
legs and feet. It alerted. I removed my socks. It alerted again. The guy
actually started to squeeze my bare feet. It alerted again, and again, and
again. I have metal in my left knee, but that wasn't the culprit. I actually
started to laugh as this guy repeatedly wanded my feet, squeezing and
inspecting as he went. He seemed to be getting really frustrated and began
to call over other "professionals" when I decided to clue him in. All I said
was "rebar in the floor" and he looked stunned. He then apologized for the
delay and said "Dang, I've been having problems with feet all day." Just be
glad you didn't have this idiot wand your head.