internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RDU Airport = Really Safe

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RDU Airport = Really Safe
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:41:12 -0400

2 summers ago, and the summer before that, I went backpacking with my dad, uncle, and a friend of my uncles.

My uncle and the friend are both Northwest pilots. Tim (uncle) is a 1st officer on the 747 (don't know what model), and Bob is a flight engineer on one of the '47s.

Anyway...we flew from MSP to Denver both times. We had our fully-packed backpacks that were either in large duffels or garbage bags that we checked. I believe each one of the 4 had at least 1 MSR bottle of liquid fuel in it. Furthermore, we each carried our fly rods onto the plane. 2 were in 4 foot long metal cases, one in a plastic case, and another in a 2" long metal case.

Wow, back in the day security sure was lax, I'm glad to see its shaped up *so* much

Ian