internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Pop culture was PART 2: history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Pop culture was PART 2: history lesson
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:21:50 -0400

Yikes! A spoiler!

I did get a few responses before zman's, and Scott's was one of them, which is nice since he requested the quiz. I have a feeling some of the respondents are about my age (born in 1970). The answers and results are:

1) Who were the two main songwriters for Squeeze? (Hint: they had an album come out in the Eighties under another name)
Difford & Tilbrook
2) What were the names of the two Duran Duran side projects?
Arcadia & Power Station
3) Where did the trend for wearing legwarmers and ripped sweatshirts come from?
Flashdance
4) Who starred in the video for Genesis' "Land of Confusion"?
Puppets from "Spitting Image"
5) Where did "Max Headroom" get his name?
A sign in a parking garage which Edison Carter runs into. (I was looking for the answer from the pilot of the TV show)
6) Name at least three members of the "Brat Pack"
Demi Moore, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall
7) What was the name of the Def Leppard album containing "Photograph"
Pyromania
8) Who starred in the movie "Dirty Dancing"
Jennifer Grey & Patrick Swayze
9) Who sang the "Ghostbusters" theme song?
Ray Parker, Jr.
10) What phone number was immortalized in a pop song by the same name?
867-5309

Results:
Shea Tisdale: 8.5 (the Max Headroom answer may be right - he said it was from an airport sign)
Scott Lundgren: 5.5 (I'll accept the puppets answer and "Ronald Reagan" as the .5 points for Q4)
Tanner Lovelace: 4.5 (again, "some sign or something" accepted for Q5)
Tom Caswell: 9.5 ("Some life sized puppets" worth .5 for Q4) Wow! Even got the Max Headroom Q!
Scott Zekanis: 6.5 - y'all can see his answers yourself. :)
Paula Childers: 7.5 - likewise (puppets for Q4 accepted as .5)

Next up, I'm thinking of working up a quiz of lyrics from 90's songs. Sound like fun? Much more difficult...

Diana