internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Pop culture was PART 2: history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Internetworkers AT happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Pop culture was PART 2: history lesson
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:02:43 -0400

OK, Scott requested a quiz. My rule is that I have to come up with these questions off the top of my head. :) I apologize for the British Invasion bias, but that was the kind of teen I was. Craig suggested I post the quiz to the entire list. Send your answers to me, and I'll tally and name a winner! Don't send your answers to the list, that would spoil the fun.

1) Who were the two main songwriters for Squeeze? (Hint: they had an album come out in the Eighties under another name)
2) What were the names of the two Duran Duran side projects?
3) Where did the trend for wearing legwarmers and ripped sweatshirts come from?
4) Who starred in the video for Genesis' "Land of Confusion"?
5) Where did "Max Headroom" get his name?
6) Name at least three members of the "Brat Pack"
7) What was the name of the Def Leppard album containing "Photograph"
8) Who starred in the movie "Dirty Dancing"
9) Who sang the "Ghostbusters" theme song?
10) What phone number was immortalized in a pop song by the same name?