internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Pop culture was PART 2: history lesson

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Pop culture was PART 2: history lesson
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:02:12 -0400

OK, so here are my off-the-cuff replies, no Googling included.

1) Who were the two main songwriters for Squeeze? (Hint: they had an
album come out in the Eighties under another name)
Difford & Tillbrook, I think.

2) What were the names of the two Duran Duran side projects?
Arcadia & The Power Station, the latter with recently-deceased Robt.
Palmer.

3) Where did the trend for wearing legwarmers and ripped sweatshirts
come from?
Flashdance.

4) Who starred in the video for Genesis' "Land of Confusion"?
Was that the one with the puppets?

5) Where did "Max Headroom" get his name?
Don't recall where the name originated.

6) Name at least three members of the "Brat Pack"
Emilio Estevez
Ally Sheedy
Demi Moore

7) What was the name of the Def Leppard album containing "Photograph"
Pyromania

8) Who starred in the movie "Dirty Dancing"
Patrick Swayze & Jennifer Grey

9) Who sang the "Ghostbusters" theme song?
oh geez, and I can hear the whole %$%#ing song.

10) What phone number was immortalized in a pop song by the same name?
867-5309/Jenny

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 19:33 US/Eastern, Scott Lundgren wrote:

>> You want me to quiz you? Or you me?
>
> I would like a quiz of pop culture from when you were in your teens.
> Am I'm
> imposing a rule on myself that I can't google. I want to see how much
> know.
>
> - SL

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
To unsubscribe visit