internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] MP3s and Ethics at HonorCarolina Monday

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison AT netscape.net (Beth)
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org ("Internetworkers: http://www.ibib lio.org/internetworkers/")
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] MP3s and Ethics at HonorCarolina Monday
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:07:14 -0400

Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

>[Please pass on where appropriate - pj]
>
>What: Honor Carolina Week Panel http://honorcarolina.unc.edu/

I have had heated discussions with people about this very topic. And I don't
really care to dictate what anyone else chooses to do. Go get all the free
files you want. Go nuts.

I, however, don't opt for free music unless the band offers it for free ot
publicly condones getting their music without charge. If someone is burning
things willy-nilly for everyone they know or if a band's music is available
for free, without their permission, on some public site, I take think that's
not cool. To me, it's all about supporting the band.

But don't get me started on Metallica. ;)

Beth