internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] ethical hacking

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: trekkie AT spamcop.net
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] ethical hacking
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:11:22 -0400

Quoting Gina Norman <gina.norman AT nortelnetworks.com>:

> Ok, I wasn't going to bring that up, but back when I was net.dating quite a
> bit, I Googled them all pre-date. (If nothing else it was fun to surprise
> them with the connections I'd turned up. :)

I had a guy sell something via classifieds only to have the person he sold it
too do an altavista newsgroup search on him and started asking him weird
questions about his interests. This was in '96 or '97 back when
googling/searching usenet wasn't cool. Needless to say it kinda shocked him
when it happened.