internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] for the tivio addicted

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ilan Volow <listboy AT clarux.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] for the tivio addicted
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:17:23 -0400

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 01:34 PM, David R.Matusiak wrote:

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 01:19 PM, Scott Lundgren wrote:

The tivo vs. dvr note reminded me I noticed this book was added to
O'reilly's Safari:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/tivohks/
TiVo Hacks 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools

TiVo Hacks covers tips for changing the order of recorded programs,
activating the 30-second skip to blaze through commercials, and more, by

In the minds of the people who provide you with Television programming, skipping the commercials equals Theft. You are "stealing" the shows if you do this.

Maybe they wouldn't have that problem if they made commercials people wanted to steal; the Superbowl is the one day out of the entire year that corporate America actually "gets it".

I'd never skip over John Cleese drinking Schweppes while he was herding cats and nabbing alcohol with endangered birds of prey.

--Ilan