internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] sobig, yet soannoying

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rebecca O Connell <rloconne AT unity.ncsu.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] sobig, yet soannoying
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:48:45 -0400

Title: Re: [internetworkers] sobig, yet soannoying
Can a .pif file be launched by opening a Word file? A coworker of mine got a message saying that a .pif virus had been caught and quarantined when he opened a Word file that a colleague sent him (one that he had been expecting, that looked as expected when opened).

Also, do you always have to open the attachment in order for the virus to work? We got the Sobig virus here (and possibly a few others as well) and I have a hard time believing that as many people open suspicious attachments as got the virus. I love my Mac. And my Mac loves me. It does.