internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] sobig, yet soannoying

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT spamcop.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] sobig, yet soannoying
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:24:45 -0400

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Sil Greene wrote:

Anyone gotten spammed by Sobig? I've gotten somewhere around 10 emails in
the last 24 hours, all containing a variety of .pif files and all from
different (and unrecognized) email addresses. But each and every one of
them contains this line in the header:

I haven't gotten any directly that my spam filters didn't catch but I've also been getting on average 10 messages a day telling me I'm emailing virus infected emails.

I find that interesting since I use a Powerbook G4 12" Running Mac OS X.