internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Traffic Lawyer recommendation

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Traffic Lawyer recommendation
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Ian Meyer wrote:
> I have to say, down in Harnett County at least, its not worth hiring a
> lawyer for just a speeding ticket. I called the sheriff to ask him how
> I handle a ticket, and he didnt call me back, so I went to a guy in
> Dunn. The next afternoon, the Sheriff himself called me back and said
> that its really easy, you just walk in and when they ask you how to you
> plead, you say "Improper Equipment". If, on the off chance they don't
> take that, plead 9 over (so like 64 in a 55) and 99.9% of the time,
> that will be accepted.

"Improper Equipment" does not fly in Wake County, I guess they had way to
many people trying to "cop to it". As for Harnett County (which IS in NC)
it may work there for now but next year when your car will have to pass
emissions bet that some other chnages come with it...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
scott AT thehellbenders.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1951 Kaiser Henry J (4" chop, 60's custom front end, bellybutton)