internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Traffic Lawyer recommendation

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Traffic Lawyer recommendation
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:41:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Ian Meyer wrote:
->I have to say, down in Harnett County at least, its not worth hiring a
->lawyer for just a speeding ticket. I called the sheriff to ask him how
->I handle a ticket, and he didnt call me back, so I went to a guy in
->Dunn. The next afternoon, the Sheriff himself called me back and said
->that its really easy, you just walk in and when they ask you how to you
->plead, you say "Improper Equipment". If, on the off chance they don't
->take that, plead 9 over (so like 64 in a 55) and 99.9% of the time,
->that will be accepted.

You know the best way to get out of a speeding ticket?

Ya don't speed.

I know, it's a shocking way to handle it, but it's true.

Maybe the "improper equipment" thing could fly in SC where car inspections
are no longer required, but for some duration of your car's yearly
inspection your equipment "should" be "proper".

yeesh
KJ