internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Flashmob!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Flashmob!
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:21:35 -0400

...There is no copper. Except in the minds of the Telco execs.
Was the U.S. among the first countries to have universal telephone service, and there's this humongous investment in the old technology that's still supposed to be a cash cow? Assuming something like the basic goodness of human nature, executives from the telcos are only wanting to sustain their business, hence the "artificially" high costs of wireless relative to land lines. ...problem is we've had the example of the Enron's, Worldcom's, Tyco's, etc..
Pollyanna
Ed W.