internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Souf Cackalacky reports on cackalacky

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Souf Cackalacky reports on cackalacky
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:00:27 -0400 (EDT)

> +On Sunday 10 August 2003 09:43 am, Beth wrote:
> +> I am and always have been utterly repulsed by "Cackalacky". I'm from NC
> +> originally and that word never ceases to make me cringe. It's too Hee
> Haw.

I heard it long before I ever moved here. Usually in the context of where
Fayette-nam and Ft. Drag were. I don't believe it comes from any Cherokee
word. I think it's just bad slang used to make the Carolinas sound hick.
Though it does seem to bedded in Rap vernacular these days I tend not to
use it. I guess I'm just not as hip as I used to be.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com