internetworkers - [internetworkers] Stupid tech support type question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joey Carr <joey AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Stupid tech support type question
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:03:08 -0400 (EDT)

All-

I've got a question about some quirkiness I've observed in my iMac.

I recently purchased an iMac with a super drive and I'm trying to get it
to burn CDs. The CDs that I burn all seem to work splendidly provided
that I read them on my iMac. Any other machine and they come up looking
blank or appear as a single monolithic audio track that won't play.

I've tried investigating whether it's just using some sort of proprietary
file system, but I can't figure out how to poke the Disk Copy program into
giving me this information about any of my disc images or the CD itself.
Added to this is the fact that all of the Disk Copy documentation is
on-line and I'm network free at home at the moment.

Anyone have some tips? Anyone?

-Joey

--
Like the ski resort of girls looking for husbands and husbands looking
for girls, the situation is not as symmetrical as it might seem.