internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] NCSU Parking

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] NCSU Parking
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:44:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Kurt Schlatzer wrote:
> Here's one of those "outside of the box" ideas:
> Find a local business close to campus that has streetfront parking that
> needs some extra signage. A lot of businesses are using parked cars/vans/etc
> with magnetic signs on them to beat the Raleigh sign ordinance. You could
> park your car in their lot with a couple magnetic (read removable) signs on
> it when you weren't using it.

Nice idea, but I would stick to the Western Blvd. side of campus, the
Hillsborough St. side has a serious shortage of parking and I don't know a
business owner there who would give up a space for that sort of thing.
Though I do know that Sadlack's has been known to rent spaces in their lot
for daily students. And there are lots behind Blue Flame Tatoo and the
Brewery that have spaces for rent.
For longer term storage you may have to find someone a
few blocks in from campus. The corner of Mayview and Dixie comes to mind.
It's far enough away to be out of the U permit zones.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com