internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Solaris, 1971

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Solaris, 1971
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:46:34 -0400

You need to have Shea address this--Event Horizon is one of his pet peeves.

The most damning movie review I ever heard was by Siskel and Ebert for "I
still Know What You Did Last Summer." They contended that any film that
can't even get its name correct (the sequel to "I Know What You Did Last
Summer" should have been named "I know what You Did the Summer Before Last"
since it takes place the next year).

I believe it was the late Gene Siskel (who would have been suffering from a
terminal brain cancer at the time) who said (something of the effect that)
the worst part of having sat through the film was knowing he could never
regain the two hours he had lost watching it. Ebert then added that if a
million people watched the move, at two hours each, that was two million
man-hours that could have been spent to better human civilization, but had
been squandered. How about that for social commentary?

David