internetworkers - [internetworkers] Getting something out of broken Yamaha Synthesizer disk drive

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Getting something out of broken Yamaha Synthesizer disk drive
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:17:17 -0400 (EDT)

I just found out that MSM ("My Sweet Man," aka "spousal unit" aka "Forrest")
has a non-working disk drive in his Yamaha SY 99 synthesizer that has a most
wonderful but not backed-up musical work on it. The disk drive "makes a
racket" upon access attempt. (I not only don't know the particular machine,
I'm as clueless with synth's as I am with quantum physics. Both of us are
*painfully* aware that he should have immediately backed the work onto real
and multiple storage options, as it was a really nice piece. Tsk.)

He says the only answer he knows is Bull City Sound in Durham, but
cash="tight".... Do any of you know any options?

Open to Suggestions....
"B"