internetworkers - [internetworkers] Now I feel better: Meta: "It's ok to use Linux"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Now I feel better: Meta: "It's ok to use Linux"
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:32:40 -0400

Folks,

I had this naggant feeling, this uneasyness since I started using Linux. It
was something forbiden, something obscure, somethinb surely bad that would
send my digital soul to /dev/null or a similar hell-like e-place. Hence the
'Sinner' nick.

But today, joy of joys! an analyst group has forgiven all my sins. Linux is
Kosher. From now on I shall be called "Saint from the Outerbanks."

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2134724,00.html

"Despite SCO's warning to businesses that their use of the open-source
operating system may make them liable for breach of copyright, Meta Group is
more positive"

"Companies should proceed with current or planned Linux projects despite the
SCO Group's move to curb usage of the popular open-source platform, says Dr
Kevin McIsaac, research director for Asia-Pacific at Meta Group. "

(...)

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Stallman Reads my Tutorials! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/Steel/rms.html

  • [internetworkers] Now I feel better: Meta: "It's ok to use Linux", Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, 05/16/2003