internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Lapzilla

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Lapzilla
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:39:01 -0400

My experience is similar to yours. I bought the Dell Inspiron 8000 when it
first came out. Pentium 3, 1 Ghz with 30 gig drive, CD/DVD Rom and dual
battery support.

During the first year it had to be serviced 5 times.

3 times for "possessed trackpad syndrome" - a defect or design flaw where
the pointer would move on it's own to the top right or bottom left of the
screen.

2 for case seperation around the lcd panel

And once at the same time as the case seperation for "Rattling
screws"...which actually was two screws that somehow came out of one of the
boards and were free floating.