internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Is there such a thing as an "opt in" email marketing list?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Is there such a thing as an "opt in" email marketing list?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:29:13 -0400

My 2 cents from the customer perspective:

1) I seriously doubt any mailing list available for sale is truly "opt-in" - I would never opt to to give my e-mail address a mailing list that would be for sale unless I was getting a cut of action...which means I don't give my e-mail address to anyone I think will resell it.

2) I do join the mailing lists of specific companies and organizations when I perceive that they will be e-mailing me information of worth. I do not object to receiving e-mails from these folks, unless they start sending me mail more than once a week.

So, my suggestion would be that an opt-in mailing list would be a good thing if you recruit the list members yourself (through your Website, e-mails to the mailing list, and other publications).

Paul