internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Is there such a thing as an "opt in" email marketing list?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Is there such a thing as an "opt in" email marketing list?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:58:06 -0400

Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore, no, time is to precious to waste ordering online and waiting for it to appear in the mail, and buy a book called _Permission_Marketing_. Alas, I am not at home and not online and I can't remember the author's name.

It's a really good book that puts this issue in the context of Customer Relationship management and will give you a good framework for separating the good marketing techniques from the sleazy ones.

--cp