internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: No conspiracy, just a Columbia/NASA re-entry decision question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Lance A. Brown)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: No conspiracy, just a Columbia/NASA re-entry decision question
  • Date: 03 Feb 2003 13:37:17 -0500

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 09:57, Dan Smith wrote:
> Has anyone yet heard a news report about why the shuttle wasn't docked
> with the space station during its flight?

I believe the Columbia was never equipped to dock with the ISS. This
was mentioned along with the Columbia being the heaviest of the
shuttles, since it was the first fully-operational unit, and the
following ones were made lighter.

Is the ISS in a higher-orbit than the Shuttles normal reach? Perhaps
the Columbia was not able to reach it at all...

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org
Celebrate The Circle - www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/