internetworkers - [internetworkers] More conspiracy theories (or interesting facts?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Calvin Powers)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] More conspiracy theories (or interesting facts?)
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 05:54:05 -0500

At 2/2/2003 11:44 PM, you wrote:
>quotation from Chris Hedemark <chris AT yonderway.com> [on 030202 22:49]:
>

> > On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 10:35 PM, K. Jo Garner wrote:
> >
> > > * The Christian Church turned Imbolc into Candlemas, a celebration
> > [snip]
> >
> > One can already call the accuracy into question; there is no Christian
> > celebration of Candlemas (though the Catholics may have some ritual
> > like this)
>
>Chris, even though you might not want to believe it, the Catholic
>Church was the original christian church. And guess what, although its
>not celebrated on Feburary 1, but the second, there is a Canldemas
>(http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03245b.htm).

Ummm. Not quite. Maybe the original Christian Church for Europe. But the
Coptic Christians trace their roots back to the time just after Jesus' Death.
Catholicism as we know it, with the Holy trinity and all, wasn't formalized
until about 400 years A.D.

Interestingly enough, before the Catholic Church formalized it's dogma
there was a raging theological debate about whether Jesus was "divine" or
was just a man. The the "just a man" camp of Christians still revered him
anyway, but they believed that Jesus was sent to Earth by God to live as a
man, not a divine being among men. See http://www.copts.net/index.asp

>Peace.
>
>john
>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web
>site! http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
>To unsubscribe visit
>http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers

Calvin Powers current events
mailto:calvin AT cspowers.com cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/ true stories
"The revolution will not be televised." http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/