internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Favorite online music sites?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Internetworkers List <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Favorite online music sites?
  • Date: 22 Jan 2003 11:38:44 -0500

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 11:23, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

> www.live365.com - This is an interesting new business model where
> individuals set up their own radio stations. There's a bunch of
> interesting stations on here, but unfortunately most of them are just
> two hour loops.

I listen to live365 a LOT. Most stations are loops, but some are much
better than that, depending on your tastes in music. I've found a
selection of stations that are either 'no repeat days' or very very long
loops. My presets are:

80's Retro Radio 80's hits
Hot Hits Altanta WAVA HipHop
ElectricBlues Radio 56 Hot electric guitar blues
Internet Oasis Enya/Vangelis/McKennitt/etc.
Mescino Radio Linkin Park, Tool, System of the down...
Hypnotic Trance v2.7 techno trance dance
The Night Breeze All love songs
CoS Pagan Radio Wiccan, New Age, World-Fusion, etc.
Magick Circle Radio New AGe, Pagan, Celtic, World
House of Rap 2pac, Eve, DMS, Ja Rule, etc.
Ladyslipper Music Music by women (Ladyslipper is in Durham)

I've been listening to Hypnotic Trance at work a lot lately, and
Internet Oasis at night at home. 80's Retro Radio plays a lot of the
80's stuff you never hear anymore anywhere. Very cool.

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org
Celebrate The Circle - www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/