internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] hosting recommendations needed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] hosting recommendations needed
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:00:38 -0500

on Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 04:39:28PM -0500, Kate Johnson wrote:

> I am looking for info on application/data hosting centers that have a
> local presence. So far, I've found:
>
> - Inflow

We have two servers co-located at InFlow, and haven't had many
complaints with their service, etc. The two complaints I have have to do
more with the fact that their entire netblock (including ours) is listed
in a few DNSBL antispam databases, as they provide hosting for a known
spammer (Messagemedia), and with the fact that when they set up our ARIN
record for our netblock they neglected to follow RFC-mandated procedure
and as a result we're listed in Ron Guilmette's rfc-ignorant.org. But
I've finally broken through after a few weeks of attempted contact, and
I hope to have that resolved (at least the rfc-ignorant listing, anyway)
shortly.

> - Springboard

We've been working with the Springboard guys a bit for the past eight
months or so, and they seem to have a good setup as well. We host one
of our clients with them, and they've been good to us as well.

> - Peak 10 (formerly Interpath)

I don't know anything about these guys other than that one of Utenzi's
old sales guys is there now. That's about it.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier