internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Two Towers premier?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Two Towers premier?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:35:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Chris Hedemark wrote:
->ponying up again... no watching movies by a crackling fire with a glass
->of champagne and a warm body cuddled up next to you sans armrest... I

Well, if a clove cigarette counts as a crackling fire, and you can get by
with beer instead of champagne, I hear that Raleighwood offers a lounge
type viewing experience... cuddle all you want!

I love going to see movies in the theatre. Seeing them at home is OK too,
but I feel like I am missing out on something - popcorn on demand, beer
specials (at the Carolina in Durham), fun rocking seats, big honkin'
screen, did I mention the big honkin' screen, old re-runs of classic
films that aren't on video, film festivals with shorts and experimental
film that *definitely* aren't on video, sneak previews, and the experience
of seeing a movie (Hedwig and the Angry Inch NC premiere comes to mind)
with a group of like-minded people who are excited about film, who laugh
and cry all at the same time, and applaud at the end.

Chris, you should start going to see more foreign films at the cinema.
Subtitles are huge on the big screen.

Cheers
KJ