internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Old Houses

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger D." <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: "'internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Old Houses
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:25:18 -0500

Reality is what remains after global thermonuclear war. What
is important as a human for survival? What skills are needed
to live one more day?

Examples of unreal:
Cute shoes.
Personal web sites.
Label jeans.

Examples of real:
Building fires.
Gardening.
Cooking and eating.
Weapon building from sticks and rocks.
Hunting and gathering.
Building shelters.

Working on your house seems to fit in as a real activity to me. I
do woodworking and woodturning for my therapy. At least I did until
we decided to move to another house. I feel your pain.

BTW, I'm teaching a workshop on hollow form woodturning at NC State
Crafts Center this weekend. Twelve enthusiastic turners with heavy
equipment and sharp tools. Hmmm...wish me luck that they all have ten
fingers on Monday morning. Enjoy, Roger (in RTP)