internetworkers - [internetworkers] Resume preparation.....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Christopher Witter <christopher_witter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Resume preparation.....
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:13:16 -0700 (PDT)

Well I know that this subject was briefly discussed
several weeks ago but I would like to bring it back up
again. As a current "DOT BOMB" (from 350 + employees
down to just 15 in alittle over 2 years)employee I am
trying to prepare the old resume for recirculation as
it looks like doom is inevitable.
Is it me or does every position that is currently
available want like every IT skill under the sun,
requires a gazillion years experience, and a they want
someone with like a PHD.......? Or something like
that. The problem I have run into is as a consultant I
have worked with so many different technologies that
it is hard to build a resume and include all of my
different experiences on just one resume. So I have
given thought to creating one for each area of
specialty and creating a matching cover letter to go
with each one.

Has anyone else run into this same problem? Or have
any suggestions on tackling this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher