internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Resume preparation.....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chuck Morford <chuckmorford AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Resume preparation.....
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:43:48 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, Christopher, employers now want their new
employees to know everything and be willing to
work 80 hour weeks for $15 an hour...

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but not far from
wrong...

I've just spent 6 months looking for a job.

I have 20 years of experience in Network
Engineering and Administration.
Back when X.25 was the rage,I built and
maintained network switching sites.
For the last 10 years I have managed networks
with as few as 700 users and as many as 28,000
users. As small as a single office and as large
as the entire country...

I finally got a job three weeks ago. Creating and
administering user accounts on a very large
network (200K+ users) for 2/3rds of what I was
making this time last year...

Times have changed...
There were recuiters and staffing firms 3 years
ago that begged me, yes, begged me to leave my
job and come to work for them...

Now, they wouldn't give me the time of day...

Things seem to be easing a bit, I'm seeing fewer
PhD +10 years of experience job postings...

Until corporate buying starts up again things
will continue to be tight...

Chuck

--- Christopher Witter