internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Resume preparation.....

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Resume preparation.....
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

Christopher -

It is not just you, it seems like every IT company is trying to hire
one person to do three jobs at a third of the pay. I guess they consider
it payback for the goldrush years when being able to make java go "hello
world" could get a warm body $50,000/yr.

One approach would be to make yourself a master resume with all of your
credentials and job history. Then trim it down and custom-tailor it for
each job you apply for.

Remember, too, that especially with tech jobs, your resume essentially
becomes a database record that is periodically searched for keywords.
Make sure you have the right keywords in each resume you submit. The
best source for that is the advert for the job you're applying for.

Good luck.

TaB