internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Silly question:

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Silly question:
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:32:17 -0400

on Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 02:42:56PM -0400, Steven Champeon wrote:
> on Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 12:34:07PM -0400, Gina Norman wrote:
> > The problem seems to be that these all want to be 2.4 GHz. (Nevermind the
> > thingy that's going to let me use a remote control to control the MP3s on
> > my laptop, which also seems to want to be 2.4Ghz...)
> >
> > What's a girl to do -- will these all play nicely with each other? What
> > can I do to help them?
>
> We set up some Airport WAPs at the conference center in Austin during
> SxSW, and found that the walkie-talkies the conference folks were using
> interfered with the Airports. We've got 2.4GHz phones and two Airports
> at the house, and I've never had any trouble with either of them
> interfering with the other. If I remember, I'll check the channels they
> are all set to when I get home tonight.

As it turns out, I managed to get roaming set up between the two
Airports (by way of a snaky cat V cable that runs under the house from
the top NW corner, where my office is, to the ground floor SE corner)
using channel 1 on the first and 11 on the second, and discovered that
one of the phones is just a 900MHz. And I can't seem to figure out what
channel the 2.4GHz is set to. It just scans and finds itself a best
channel or something, I'm not sure. But I don't recall having any
problems with the phone and the single Airport, in the three years I've
been using them together.

hth,
Steve