internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Silly question:

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Silly question:
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:42:56 -0400

on Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 12:34:07PM -0400, Gina Norman wrote:
> The problem seems to be that these all want to be 2.4 GHz. (Nevermind the
> thingy that's going to let me use a remote control to control the MP3s on
> my laptop, which also seems to want to be 2.4Ghz...)
>
> What's a girl to do -- will these all play nicely with each other? What
> can I do to help them?

We set up some Airport WAPs at the conference center in Austin during
SxSW, and found that the walkie-talkies the conference folks were using
interfered with the Airports. We've got 2.4GHz phones and two Airports
at the house, and I've never had any trouble with either of them
interfering with the other. If I remember, I'll check the channels they
are all set to when I get home tonight.

Just another data point,
Steve