internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] crypto/security

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tom Caswell" <tjcaswel AT unity.ncsu.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] crypto/security
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:21:27 -0400

PGP would be nice if they didn't try to make it this huge bloatware package.
It now comes with a firewall. I use a VPN client and wasn't paying
attention during the install. The firewall got installed and trashed my
network stack. The hooks into email programs are spotty too. The toolbars
disappear because of the "PGP" button.

Moan moan moan, what are you going to do? It's pretty much the defacto
email encryption tool. Other than those two complaints it works fine.

Tom