internetworkers - Re: Ximian Evolution email question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ximian Evolution email question
  • Date: 15 Jul 2002 12:25:39 -0400

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 12:16, Bob Kucera wrote:
> The sending error was:
>
> "Error sending 'message'. POP before SMTP auth. Using an unknown
> transport."
> The receiving error had something about RCPT TO .

Ahhh. what's your from address set to? Is it the same as you
earthlink.com address? It's expecting you to POP (that is, log into the
pop server) before trying to send SMTP mail.

> At this point I plan to just start over and carefully go through the
> config screens for Evolution. Then I'll try it on Gnome desktop and
> also Kmail on KDE and Kmail on Gnome. The objective is to see what a
> good OS Linux will be for me and the everyday user. So far its very
> interesting to see the potential for a very useful computer with Linux.

Yeah, going through the configuration step by step is probably for the
best. The desktop choice won't effect the mail program's work/not work
in this case, but it's always worthwhile to try new things.

--
-- Kevin Sonney --