internetworkers - Car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: Llista InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Car shopping
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:00:58 +0000

Hi there!

I'm shopping for a car. And I'm asking for advice to my fellow
internetworkers.

What brands do you like? What are to be avoided? Who are the best
dealers in the Triangle?

So far, I've seen and liked the Volkswagen Polo TDi (49 mpg on highway).
Yes, a modern turbo-diesel, 5-speed, compact car. With ABS, 6 airbags,
cd-player...Do you like it? Do you own it?

What other compact cars do you like? I know, SUVs and trucks are great,
but... I'd rather go with a compact car.

A no-no kind of car is a car running Microsoft WindowsCE, like those
pesky Mercedes. (it would be incompatible with my RedHat sticker).

C'mon. I know y'all drive cars. I know that you battle I-40 everyday.
Let me know what do you think. I wold specialy appreciate lifetime /
longtime Northcarolinians, for their experience with local car dealers
and knowledge of business in the Tarheels state (*).

(*) You know me, I like airplanes. And aviation was born *here*. I also
like soccer ("football"), and Carolina Courage are pretty good. I can
even find real "jamon" at Southern Seasons. It cannot get better than
this.

Salut,
Josep
--