internetworkers - Re: Alternatives to WebEx?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: john AT radiomind.com (John Beimler)
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Alternatives to WebEx?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:27:18 -0400

commence quotation from Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
[on 020612 08:11]:

> I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a competitor to WebEx? They
> have software which enables you to take over a remote desktop; I want to
> use
> it to provide tech. support for customers. It can also be used to allow
> someone remote to view my desktop, which I can use to give demonstrations
> of
> our software.

Have you looked at VNC (http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/) or TightVNC
(http://www.tightvnc.com/)? I've used that for remote demos, and the
cool thing is that people can view the desktop in a Java enabled
browser, so they don't have to install client software. Oh, and its
free.

Peace.

john