internetworkers - Alternatives to WebEx?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Alternatives to WebEx?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:08:24 -0400

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a competitor to WebEx? They
have software which enables you to take over a remote desktop; I want to use
it to provide tech. support for customers. It can also be used to allow
someone remote to view my desktop, which I can use to give demonstrations of
our software.

The nice thing about WebEx's software is that the installation for my
customers would be fairly painless, so there's no laborious download and
install process to worry about. It works through firewalls, so there's no
configuration needed.

So what's the problem?

1. Their sales people are obnoxious lying weasels.
2. Their support is terrible.
3. The software is only about 60% reliable.

Can you believe when I called with a technical question the first thing out
of
the guy's mouth was "are you ready to buy today?".

--
Michael Czeiszperger
czei AT webperformanceinc.com