internetworkers - RE: How I got rid of one spammer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: How I got rid of one spammer
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:33:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Austin, Roger D. wrote:
->KJ, this is a great story. Not only did the person answer the phone while
->involved with himself, he actually discussed it with friends later. Did he
->share this with the preacher at the time? Thank you for mirth during a
->stressful day.

I do not believe the gentleman of the cloth was notified but I can say
that the friend in question managed to complete his one handed act
unbeknownst to the preacher. I believe it was easier to get this story out
of him because he was typing it to me (over a MOO) and not actually
speaking to me in person. good thing quick typing requires two hands or
I'd wonder, if he was infatuated with communications devices?

-> I always have viewed the phone as an emergency device. Someone will call me
->if someone dies, otherwise folks would use email. I can delete the messages
->so much faster. Roger (in RTP)

A beautiful sentiment.

Cheers
KJ