internetworkers - Re: Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: john AT radiomind.com (John Beimler)
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!!!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:57:41 -0500

quotation from Andrew Phillips <aphillips AT buildscape.com> [on 020319 14:33]:

> And on that note... honestly.. do you want Dell to be installing Linux
> on your machine? To me it would be the same as if they didn't since I'd
> do a fresh install. The reason Dell focuses on Microsoft products is
> because... they sell, people want it, its easier for 'joe sixpack', a
> majority of people use it, etc...etc.

If they do as good a job as they do pre-loading Windows on their
servers, I'd second that. I liked the "olden days" when your box came
bare with a box of CDs, and you loaded the OS of your choice, they way
you wanted it. But I'm turning into one of those "Condescending Unix
Computer Users," so don't take me too seriously.

Peace.

john