internetworkers - make-up gathering?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: make-up gathering?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:00:24 -0500

I was just miserating (commiserating by myself) over the
snow-cancelled
January gathering for INW, and how I've missed seeing everyone for
several months now because my educational endeavors tend to coincide
with the gatherings the last several times. And it struck me that there
may have been a reason -- other than bad luck -- for the snow storm that
squelched the Jan. 3 event. Try and follow me:

- Most geeks depend almost as much on coffee as they do on beer.
- Previously, our January INW gatherings have been at a coffeehouse.
- Caffeinia, the patron goddess of coffee, may have felt a bit put out
by our forgetting the annual coffee meeting.
- Therefore: blizzard. No coffee, no meeting. A petulant goddess.

It is plain and simple to me: for happiness and prosperity in the
coming year, we must propitiate the goddess! Drink our libations to
Caffeinia!

I've got the OK from the owner of Cup-A-Joe in Chapel Hill for this
coming Thursday night, if there's interest. And a guarantee they won't
kick us out at 8:30 like the place did last year. It's conveniently
close to I-40 for motivated Raleigh folks. And the best damn coffee in
the whole state.

Is there interest? Let me know on the list, and if the response is
positive, I'll send out a general invitation. TIA

TaB