internetworkers - Re: Individual Health Insurance

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rowland Smith <sn00chie AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Individual Health Insurance
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:34:11 -0500

On Sunday, January 6, 2002, at 11:15 AM, John Beimler wrote:

IEEE (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc)
(http://www.ieee.org) has a program (http://www.ieeeinsurance.com/) as
does the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) (http://www.acm.org)
program here: http://www.acm.org/membership/mvp/insurance.html both very
reputable groups.

There was also a discussion on insurance recently in the
TriangleNetworkingGroup (http://www.trianglenetworkinggroup.com/) about
insurance here:

Hope that helps.

Thanks John - checking it out now.

Peace.

john

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 21:06, David Minton wrote:
While good advice, does anyone have good experience with individual
coverage? Are there any professional groups for techies that offer a group
policy? I remember when I was a professional photographer I had my group
health insurance through NPPA (National Press Photographers Assoc).

If anyone has any ideas, I am interested to hear them. I have about five
months left before I need to get onto a new policy.

Thanks,
David